A person who possesses any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate from the University or from any other University the Bachelor's degree of which has been recognized by the Syndicate. (OR)
- Master's degree from Panjab University or from any other University which has been recognised by the University. (OR)
- B.A. degree of the University through O.T./Modern Indian Languages (M.I.L.) and English only examinations, in which case the aggregate of 50% marks shall be calculated by taking into account the marks obtained in English and the elective subjects taken together.
- Any other qualification recognised by the Syndicate as equivalent to (a), (b) or (c)Subjects
- CC-01 Foundation of Library and Information Science
- CC-02 Knowledge Organisation: Classification (Theory)
- CC-03 Knowledge Organisation: Cataloguing (Theory)
- CC-04 Information and Communication Technology: Basics
- CC-05 Management of Library and Information Centers
- CC-06 Knowledge Organisation: Classification (Practice)
- CC-07 Knowledge Organisation: Cataloguing (Practice)
- CC-08 Information Sources and Services